Submission Deadline for the 2015 Redwood Anthology: March 1, 2015
Eligibility: Members of the Redwood Writers Branch of the California Writers Club. You can join Redwood Writers Branch, no matter where you live. Click here for membership information.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Redwood Writers anthologies. The theme is Journeys. There are many types of journeys: travel adventures, life passages, heroes’ journeys, pilgrimages, odysseys, and flights of fancy. All journeys begin in one place and end in another, having elements of challenge, change, and transformation.
Note: Submissions are required to reflect the theme, which may be interpreted broadly.
If your piece is selected, you will be assigned an editor to work with you through the publication revision/editing process.
- Each Redwood Writers member may submit up to 2 pieces in any genre. For example, you may submit 1 poem and 1 prose piece, 2 prose pieces, or 2 poems.
- Prose pieces may include flash fiction and nonfiction, short stories, memoir vignettes, essays, interviews, and journalistic pieces up to 2,000 words.
- Poems are limited to 50 lines (about 2 pages).
- Only original, previously unpublished work which reflects the theme will be accepted.
- Standard formatting required: 1-inch margins on all sides; double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Poems may be single-spaced.
- Document formats accepted: Microsoft Word (doc and docx) and Rich Text Format (rtf).
- All work should be proofread and polished to the best of your ability. Typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors will reduce the likelihood of piece(s) being selected for publication.
We will not be accepting submissions by email. Instead, we will utilize a new, easy-to-use online submission form.
If you have any questions about the theme, submission guidelines, or submission method, please contact Amber Lea Starfire at amber – at – writingthroughlife.com.