Lynn Cook Henriksen writes:
When “TellTale Souls Writing the Mother Memoir…” was setup on the Amazon site, they characterized it as Volume I. I felt someone was trying to tell me Volume II would need follow, so now’s the time to start writing the story only you can write and send it to me for possible inclusion. Volume II will be mainly filled with TellTale Souls’ bio-vignettes, not as a guide to writing, since I covered that well throughout the Five Acts making up Volume I.
For the publication of your non-fiction, telling-tale on the TellTale Souls/The Story Woman blog or possible inclusion in a future memoir collection, please follow these guidelines.
Look over the The Story Woman Blog carefully and you will gain insight into what we would like to see in your story (your bio-vignette). Need help?
Consider reading TellTale Souls Writing the Mother Memoir: How to Tap Memory and Write Your Story Capturing Character & Spirit for a creative exploration, including over 40 story examples, to get your juices flowing on your path to writing your Mother Memoir.
Here is the seminal question for you to answer, “If you could tell just one small story that would capture your mother’s character and keep her spirit alive into the future, what would it be?” Become a TellTale Soul in answer to that question by writing your short, true story about a woman who greatly influenced your life—could be your mother, grandmother, aunt, or anyone to whom you felt like a daughter or a son.
Stories are accepted by TellTale Souls of all ages.
- Original, non-fiction (and not previously published)
- Use plain, 12-point font
- Story, bio-vignette, length is around 800 to 1800 words
- Include a brief Author Note about what it meant to you to write this story about a mother figure (that will be added after each story)
- Important to add your e-mail address and phone number again in the body of your email, so that I can easily communicate with you
- Optional: Include a picture pertaining to your story in pdf or jpeg format
- Send each story only one time